Sunday, February 24, 2008

In The Small Details

This is a picture that I took several years ago.  These are wildflowers that bloom fairly early in the season.  For the longest time, I didn't know the name for them, but I finally found out that they are called Grass Widow.  The bloom itself is no bigger than a quarter, and it grows near the top of a 6-8 inch stem that you might mistake for regular grass if it didn't have a flower on it.  They're almost always a light lavender color, and if you look close enough, the petals have little tiny sparkles in them, but unfortunately that didn't show up in this picture.  The interesting thing about this one is that it was the only white flower in that whole field.  I almost missed it, too, because I was quite caught up in how beautiful that field of tiny purple flowers looked.  I often think about nature and how great it is that God attends to every little detail, throwing in these pleasant little surprises every once in a while.  If I could, I would spend my every waking hour with camera in hand, in search of those wonderful little details!  ...and for that reason, I am very excited that spring will be here soon!!

1 comments:

Shaina said...

MeLissa!! Didn't know you had a blog. You've been keeping out on me! Love the pictures of the Northwest. We miss it up there.